Obtaining more expertise than a single advisor can provide is a pre-requisite for you before entrusting the stewardship of your wealth to another. You expect for the actions taken in managing your assets to be the consensus of well-reasoned ideas formulated from professionals with divergent sets of specialization. Consequently, your portfolio is managed by us through an investment committee consisting of professionals who are distinctly credentialed across multiple professional disciplines.
Our committee is lead by the firm’s founder, Benjamin T. Newhouse. He sets the tone for the overall investment activities to be conducted, according to each client’s personalized needs. Then, the committee considers the best manner in which to execute and monitor the specific strategies and tactics devised to meet your wealth management objectives.
Knowing that no single individual or firm possesses supreme expertise in every possible financial area, we go beyond our firm to collaborate strategically on your behalf with outside industry specialists. The centerpiece of our collaborative efforts and resulting success of our clients’ experience lies in the direct advisory relationship we have with Vineyard Global Advisors, LLC.
Vineyard Global Advisors partners with us to develop intelligently personalized asset management solutions for our private client services. The key members at Vineyard Global Advisors with whom our firm's investment committee regularly consults to develop our strategic direction are as follows:
Thomas R. Samuelson, CFA, CMT
Chief Investment Officer
& Senior Portfolio Manager
- 30 years of investment management experience
- Chief Investment Officer & Senior Portfolio Manager of First Allied Asset Management, $1.3 billion AUM
- Invesco: Manager of Energy mutual fund, $330 million AUM
- O'Connor & Associates/Swiss Bank: managed proprietary funds for the partnership
- Duff & Phelps (Chicago): Partner & Energy Analyst (equity and fixed income)
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering & MBA from the University of Tulsa
- One of 269 investment professionals worldwide that have earned both the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Chartered Market Technician (CMT) designations.
Clark Richard, MBA
- 26 years of financial services industry experience
- Managing Director of First Allied Asset Management Private Client Services, $1.3 billion AUM
- Shearson Lehman Brothers: Financial Consultant
- Founded, built, and successfully sold various investment advisory firms, a multi-family office, and a state chartered bank.
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts from the University of Iowa
- Masters in Business Administration from the University of Southern California - Marshall School of Business
Michael A. Young
Operations & Trading Officer
- 24 years of financial service industry experience
- Partner & President of Integrated Advisors Network, LLC, a Registered Investment Advisory firm
- Founded, managed and sold a Registered Investment Advisory firm and a full service Broker/Dealer
- NASDAQ market maker for 10 years
- Institutional trader for Dallas based small cap manager of $6 billion
- Bachelor of Business Administration concentration in Finance from Emory University's Goizueta Business School
- Certified Regulatory and Compliance Professional from the FINRA Institute at Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania